Greetings Wildcat Parents!
We are excited to begin another year of teaching and learning in the gym!
Our goal in physical education is for everyone to learn to make healthy choices and feel successful when participating in a variety of activities. This enables students to develop a positive attitude toward physical activity and to develop healthy habits, which will hopefully continue throughout their lives.
Students will be encouraged to have fun and enjoy P.E. They will also be encouraged to participate to the best of their ability in a wide variety of activities. At the elementary level, certain skills are taught so that students will be able to pursue competitive sports as well as lifetime sports.
In Physical Education students will learn to:
· demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of activities
· demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as you apply them to the learning and performance of physical activities
· to participate regularly in physical activity
· achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness
· exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings
· value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction
In Health students will learn to:
· comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health
· analyze influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors
· demonstrate the ability to access valid information and products and services to enhance health
· demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks
· demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance health
· demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting skills to enhance health
· demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks
· students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health
Should questions or concerns arise at any point during the school year, please do not hesitate to contact us at the school. We would love to talk to you!
We look forward to having a fun-filled year!
Coach Skarzinski and Coach Paden