Parents and Students,
On behalf of the ESOL Department at Woodward Elementary School, we are excited to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve great success in language development. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s educational career.
As partners, we share the responsibility of our
children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry
out our responsibilities. We ask that
you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily, arrive on time, and be ready for the day’s learning experiences.
- Complete all assignments given by their ESOL and Homeroom teachers.
- Read daily (in their native language and or English) to develop a love for reading and improve literacy skills.
- Share his/her daily school experiences with you. (this will develop oral language and keep you aware of his or her school life).
- Inform you that he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
- Know that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go to college.
Thank you for your continuous support. Let’s have an awesome school year!
Interactive Websites to Use at Home!
Stay tuned for future events!
Parent Websites for the ACCESS Test: